Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 26

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

"Nor cease to yield fruit"..............what an amazing promise. God's word is a never ending source of strength to those who trust in Him. I am so grateful that He is always teaching me how to do that. He constantly reminds me that the one who trusts in Him will never be ashamed. And how true that is. In all this long journey of pursuing adoption, of filling out endless paperwork, undergoing the scrutiny of people who need to know everything in the world about your personal life, filling out more paperwork, waiting... and waiting... and waiting..., only to find out you have to wait some more.......and did I mention filling out paperwork...?...God has been faithfully fulfilling His promises. Promises to teach me patience, to teach me contentment, to teach me to constantly give my worries over to Him, and promises to teach me not to fear. So now, as the parenting challenges come, He is once again reminding me of His promises. His promise is that if I make the Lord my trust, I will not cease to yield fruit (such as patience, joy, goodness, faithfulness, etc.). I can't do this in my own strength, but He has promised me I don't have to. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

I am so glad for our faithful God!! And for all those of you who love us and are praying for us!! As you continue to pray, God continues to answer.

1 comment:

  1. Our Dearly Missed Starks,
    We are so thankful for the Lord's testimony of faithfulness in and through you. We rejoice with you as we read your blog, enjoying your journey vicariously. We love your growing family and are eager to have all five of you back around the corner again!! We will keep praying for you all. And we are thankful for the ministry of encouragement you have to others where you are.
    Love, the Dunkins

    ReplyDelete