Saturday, August 21, 2010

God's Faithfulness

"If you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday. And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." Isaiah 58:10-11.

This verse has been an encouragment and an exhortation to me as we have prepared to travel to Colombia, and also as we are now here. As many of you may know, I have certain physical limitations which make travel fairly challenging. Over this past year, I have had to consider what it would cost me personally to make this trip. As I have spent time considering, I have prayed often and sought to trust the Lord, knowing how absolutely faithful He is. Many a day I have felt angst, and many a day I have given it over to the Lord. So when I found this verse in the book of Isaiah I was greatly encouraged as God spoke to me again about His trustworthiness and goodness.

I just want to share with you all that God has indeed continually guided us, satisfied our desires, and given strength to our (MY!) bones. There are numerous reasons that I should be struggling a lot more (physically) than I actually am. I really didn't expect to be doing so well, but the Lord has seen fit to grant me relief and I am grateful. I know that your prayers on our behalf are being heard--"The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and His ears are open to their cry." Ps 34. So thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. And never forget that "the hope of the righteous is GLADNESS!!!"Pro 10:28.

My love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment