Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Streets of Neiva














































































































The white building with bars directly in front is the entrance to Hotel Pacande, where we are staying.
Most stores here open out directly onto the street, you can't really go "inside" because the sidewalk puts you nearly at the cashier's counter. You basically shop from the sidewalk. There are taxis, motorcycles and bicycles everywhere.















1 comment:

  1. I am in the process of adoption and have been so encouraged by your blog. Nidia recommended your blog to a friend who adopted two Colombian kids right after you, and my friend in turn recommended your blog to me. I also am going through ASV, and we are hoping to adopt two Colombian sisters who will be 12 and 13 by the time we get them. I was wondering when you started the adoption process and how long it took. We started our process the beginning of January and we're hoping to get them by summer. Is this realistic compared with your process? If possible, I'd love to talk to find out more as I have a lot of friends who have adopted babies or young kids, but I don't know anyone who has adopted older kids. Thanks so much. Jo Anne

    ReplyDelete